The below are our most common and frequently asked questions (FAQ).
What Services do you offer?
There are basically three types of services we offer:
- Education – speaking engagements, presentations, classes, and workshops for lifestyle events and groups
- Consultation – for counseling, educational, and media professionals looking for an expert insight & knowledge
- Coaching – personalized guidance and mentoring to help you explore safely, learn skills, or resolve relationship issues
Why Lifestyle Consulting?
Lifestyle Consulting is my customized approach to educating, mentoring, and advising – which are similar to other types of professional counseling talk-based activity. So whether for events, groups, couples or individuals, this means a good deal of chatting & discussion. In addition, I will suggest additional activities to facilitate achieving your goals such as written exercises, focused problem solving, role-play, practical skills advisement, and more.
How long are your sessions?
Session length varies depending on need and schedule availability. Most educational presentations and workshops are targeted to 90min, but can be modified to fit your forum. Individual and professional consulting is open in duration but typically charges by the hour.
How often do we have sessions?
That depends on your needs. You can have just a single session or multiple sessions. Its really up to your needs to get what you need, be that quick advice, learn a technique, work on relationship challenges, or plan how to explore new needs and interests.
Can I get experience your expertise “hands-on”?
If by “hands-on” you mean whether clients can experience a scene with me, then the answer is a very definitive “No”. However, if you mean hands-on in terms of instruction, I can accommodate as an extension of education and workshops at certain events or group venues. I offer only educational services as a personal consultant, coach, and advisor. I maintain very strict guidelines about personal involvement and do not offer any sort of “pro-services”.
Do you accept insurance?
Because this is not a therapeutic office, Limits Unleashed is not able to accept insurance.
What forms of payment do you accept?
Payments can be accepted through cash, check, or through card processing as handled by Paypal.
How can I get stared with Limits Unleashed?
Getting started is easy, done in just three easy steps!
- Getting started can be as easy as using our Contact page, or by sending an email to us directly
- Once connected we will schedule a free consultation call to discuss your needs (via phone, skype, etc)
- If we agree there’s a good fit, then we move ahead with basic agreements and get underway!
Do you use social media, can I contact you there?
My approach to social media is primarily to keep clients and the public aware of new articles, practical tips, event announcements, and the like. We will always gladly answer basic questions when contacted through social media. However, we do not encourage clients to use social media as the primary means to interact due to the risk of information security and privacy.
Do you need or want information from therapists, psychologists, or psychiatrists?
Part of the new client intake process will ask you about your medical and counseling history in order to establish context and perspective. However there will be no need for therapists letters or professional-to-professional conversations unless YOU feel it’s important. I believe strongly in the value of establishing trust and in the client’s ability for honest self-disclosure.
Can I contact you for emergencies or crisis situations?
Emergencies require the attention of a medical professional, hospital, a crisis hotline, or a call to 911. A list of important national crisis hot-lines appears below:
- Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-829-1122
- Gay & Lesbian National Support: 1-888-843-4564
- National AIDS Hotline: 800-342-AIDS (2437)
- National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-25-ABUSE
- Suicide prevention: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Self-Injury Support: 1-800-DONT CUT (1-800-366-8288)
- Veterans crisis Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Help Line (any kind of crisis): 1-800-233-4357
- National Adolescent Suicide Helpline: 1-800-621-4000
- National Suicide Prevention Helpline: 1-800-273-TALK (8245)
- NDMDA Depression Hotline (support group): 1-800-826-3632
- Panic Disorder Information and Support: 1-800-64-PANIC (1-800-647-2642)
- Postpartum Depression: 1-800-PPD-MOMS
- Suicide & Depression Crisis Line – Covenant House: 1-800-999-9999
- Suicide Crisis Line: 1-800-999-9999
- Suicide Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE (2433) – Can use in US, U.K., Canada and Singapore
- Veterans: 1-877-VET2VET
- Center for the Prevention of School Violence: 1-800-299-6504
- Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- Child Abuse Hotline Support & Information: 1-800-792-5200
- Domestic & Teen Dating Violence (English & Spanish: 1-800-992-2600
- Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-548-2722
- Healing Woman Foundation (Abuse): 1-800-477-4111
- National Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-422-4453
- National Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (TDD): 1-800-787-32324
- Sexual Abuse Centre: (UK Only) 0117 935 1707
- Sexual Assault Support (24/7, English & Spanish): 1-800-223-5001
- Women’s Aid National Domestic Violence Helpline: (UK Only) 0345 023 468
Alcohol & Drug Abuse
- 24 Hour Cocaine Support Line: 1-800-992-9239
- Al-Anon/Alateen: 1-800-344-2666
- Alcohol/Drug Abuse Hotline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Be Sober Hotline: 1-800-BE-SOBER (1-800-237-6237)
- Cocaine Help Line: 1-800-COCAINE (1-800-262-2463)
- Ecstasy Addiction: 1-800-468-6933
- Marijuana Anonymous: 1-800-766-6779
- National Association for Children of Alcoholics: 1-888-55-4COAS (1-888-554-2627)
- National Drug Abuse: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
Gay and Lesbian Hotlines
- Gay & Lesbian National Support: 1-888-843-4564
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) Youth Support Line: 1-800-850-8078
- Lesbian & Gay Switchboard: (UK Only) 0121 622 6589
- Lothian Gay & Lesbian Switchboard – Scotland: (Scotland Only) 0131 556 4049
- The Trevor Helpline (For homosexuality questions or problems): 1-800-850-8078
Youth & Teen Hotlines
- Boys Town National: 1-800-448-3000
- Child Helpline: (UK Only) 0800 1111
- Covenant House Nine-Line (Teens): 1-800-999-9999
- National Youth Crisis Support: 1-800-448-4663
- Runaway Support (All Calls are Confidential): 800-231-6946
- Teen Helpline: 1-800-400-0900
- TeenLine: 1-800-522-8336
- Youth America Hotline: 1-877-YOUTHLINE (1-877-968-8454)
- Youth Crisis Support: 1-800-448-4663 or 1-800-422-0009
- AAA Crisis Pregnancy Center: 1-800-560-0717
- Pregnancy National Helpline: 1-800-356-5761
- Pregnancy Support: 1-800-4-OPTIONS (1-800-467-8466)
- Young Pregnant Support: 1-800 550-4900
- Eating Disorders Center: 1-888-236-1188
- Help Finding a Therapist: 1-800-THERAPIST (1-800-843-7274)
- National AIDS Helpline: (UK Only) 0800 567 123
- Parental Stress Hotline: 1-800-632-8188